We offer daily hygiene appointments including one Saturday per month.
- Removal of plaque and calculus which causes gum disease and recession
- Stain removal
- Demonstration of oral hygiene aids
- Personalised oral health maintenance programme suited to your needs
Who can get gum disease?
- Everyone! However, some people get it more severely than others
Who is more at risk?
- People who smoke tobacco products
- People with diabetes
- People with heart disease
- Genetic factors
What are the benefits of treatment?
Your gums will become healthier, which will help to keep your teeth for longer.
- If your gums bleed, are red or swollen this will reduce
- If your gums are sore, treatment should help
- If your teeth feel loose, they may become firmer after treatment
- Your breath will be fresher
What if I have no treatment?
Your gum disease could get worse causing your teeth to become painful and loose, meaning you will lose them sooner than you should. This could mean the necessity of false teeth.
What is air flow?
Air flow polishing can be used in addition to your hygiene appointment or on it’s own to offer enhanced stain removal. In severe cases of gum disease, air flow can be used for biofilm removal from periodontal pockets without the need for a local anesthetic.
Ask your hygienist for more information.